My husband and I have been looking for a car seat that would fit in our car. With 3 kids, still in a car seat we thought our only option was to buy a bigger car or a van. Until I saw the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL Car Seat...I showed my husband this picture (below) and we were both excited that there's actually a convertible car seat that can fit 3-across in a mid-size vehicle. And I was even more excited when I found out that I will have chance to review it.
However we did end up buying a new bigger car not because the car seat problem but because we found out we were having another girl. My husband really wants his baby boy so Baby #3 is not gonna be our last baby.
I was sent the RadianXTSL in Eclipse color. I'm really impressed with this car seat. You can really tell it's very well made and durable. I let my husband install it and he had no problem installing it. He thought it was pretty easy.
What I love about the RadianXTSL
- It came full assembled. You don't have to do anything but add the infant support pillow.
- I really like that you can have this car seat rear facing up to 45 pounds. We all know it is so much safer to have toddlers in rear facing position for as long as possible.
- I can have my daughter in forward-facing in a 5-point harness for a very long time - up to 80 pounds. Libby is only 45 pounds so I know this car seat is definitely worth getting. It would be the only car seat I will ever need for her.
- Very easy to install. My husband installed it using the SuperLATCH system and it only took minutes. The car seat feels very secure.
- It's great for traveling. You can fold it flat and carry on your back. It even comes with a carrying strap. However it is a bit heavy.
- It has 2 recline positions in forward-facing mode.
Radian XTSL Key Features
- Rear-facing: 5 - 45 lbs
- Forward-facing: 20 - 80 lbs (and up to 53") in a 5-point harness
- Steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides
- SuperLATCH™ installation up to 80 lbs - no seat belt required
- Easy-Tite™ adjuster for quick and easy tightening, installs in 1 minute
- Adjustable head support, reinforced for complete side-impact safety
- Energy-absorbing EPS foam panels on all sides
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness system
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions for proper harness fit
- Fits 3-across in a mid-size vehicle and offers more shoulder space
- 3-in-1 infant/toddler full body support cushions
- Memory foam padding for superior comfort
- Folds flat for travel and storage, includes convenient carry strap
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding
- Forward and rear facing tether system
- 2 recline positions in forward-facing mode
If there's one thing others may complain about this car seat is that it's very heavy. For me though I don't think it's a negative. It's heavy because it's made of steel alloy frame and reinforced with aluminum sides. This is what makes this car seat safer.
I'm so excited because one of you will have a chance to own this awesome car seat!
Visit Sunshine Kids and tell me which car seat is your favorite.
Extra Entries (leave a comment for each one that you do)
Follow Sunshine Kids on Twitter
Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect
Follow me on Twitter
Tweet this giveaway- may tweet daily
Subscribe via Email +2 entries
Subscribe via RSS Feed
Grab my Button
Add me to your blogroll +2 entries
Blog about this giveaway + 3 entries
Giveaway ends on April 20, 2011. Please make sure I have a way to contact you if you win. Winners will be chosen via random.org. The winner will receive an email notifying them that they won and announced on my blog. If I do not receive a response within 48 hours , another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
I received product sample(s) mentioned above from
the company or representing PR for free.
NO other payment was given.
This is my honest opinion, yours may be different.