Featured Posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks

Friday, November 28, 2014

First Step to Financial Peace of Mind with Capital One 360




I never really thought about my financial goals when I was younger, financial peace of mind was something far away from my mind. That changed now that I am older and have children of my own. Its funny how your perception and your goals change when you and your partner are in charge solely of your financial destiny. 

One way of getting a step ahead to financial peace of mind is starting an emergency fund. It is well advised that you have at least, the very minimum, $1000 or even better, 3 months worth of salary. Three months is a very good buffer for those things that can come up and unknowingly dampen your financial situation. This can range to unexpected expenses deductible from an auto accident from an insurance, or losing your or your spouses job, or someone getting sick in the family. It is specially important for those who have one person as a sole source of income, such as my own family, as the pressure for constant cash flow rests only on that individual. 

For us, we initially paid the minimum amount of bills required so we were able to set aside a small amount ($100 I remember) and our goal was to get $1000. I know it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and lose sight of the goals, but cutting down on little things (using coupons to shop, cutting down on your trips to your barista) can help you stay track on your finances. 

Speaking of saving time and money, check out Capital One 360's Black Friday Sale, they offer remote deposit capture with Capital One 360's CheckMate tool and make savings a snap with the Automatic Savings Plan. Their 360 Checking and 360 Savings are fee-free and earn interest and are designed to save consumers time and money. From online to their mobile app, Capital One 360 is with customers 24/7.





I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

2 comments:

  1. I preach this kind of savings plan to friends all the time. Money market amount at minimum and eventually get into some investments! Capital One 360 has some good account options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with always having at least $1,000 saved. 3 months salary would also be good, because if you lose your job, that's how long it might take to find another one.

    ReplyDelete