I used to only signed up to one photo developing site, which is Kodak Gallery. I never tried any other sites or services. I would get offers from other company, such as Snapfish or Shutterfly, but completely ignored them. Little did I know that was my biggest mistake. If only I knew that Kodak Gallery is actually one of the most expensive picture processing services out there.
One way of getting cheap prints is to sign up not only to one place but to few places. Usually they have monthly promotions of free prints, discounted prints, or free shipping. If you are a member to different site, you are able to participate on all the sales. For example, if this month Snapfish, Shutterfly, and Kodak Gallery are offering 50 prints free, if you are member on all three, instead of getting only 50 prints, you are getting 150 prints free. Another advantage to have multiple membership, is that you are able to participate on SIGN UP promotion, which usually free prints or products.
If you don't have space on your computer for thousands of pictures to store, I suggest to pick one processing place as a primary for storage. Snapfish is a good choice for this, since they offer unlimited storage space with no fees.
These are some of the well known photo developing services out there. I decided to compare each one. Prices are based on first 100 - 4x6 prints with shipping. These are the current prices as of today.
- 9 cents per 4x6 = $9 for 100 prints
- shipping price = .99 for first 5 prints and additional .49 cents per set of 10 prints
- cost per 100 prints with shipping = $14.89
- actual 4x6 price with shipping = .15 cents each
- 15 cents per 4x6 for non gallery premier print plan = $15 for 100
- 10 cents for gallery premier print plan = $10 for 100 ( $24/yr or 2.49/month)
- Shipping is free on all order $4.99 and above and $1.50 for orders less than $4.99
- Actual price for non premier plan = 15 cents each 100 prints
- Actual price for premier plan = 10 cents each
- .15 cents per 4x6 = $15 for 100 prints
- standard shipping = 4.99 (for 100 prints)
- cost for 100 prints with shipping = 19.99
- actual price your paying = .20 cents
- 8 cents per 4x6 = $8 for 100 prints
- shipping .49 cents for first 5 then additional .49cents per 10 prints =5.39
- cost for 100 prints with shipping = 13.39
- actual price your paying for 100 prints = .13 cents each (THE CHEAPEST DEAL I FOUND)
- .12 cents per 4x6 = $12 for 100
- shipping = 5.19
- cost for 100 prints with shipping $17.19
- actual cost = .17 cents per print
- 1-499 4x6 prints -.15 cents each = $15 for 100
- shipping (76-100) = 5.99
- cost for 100 prints with shipping = 20.99
- actual cost = .21 cents each.
- .19 cents each (9cents for member with a $20/year fee)
- shipping 76-100 prints = 5.99
- cost for 100 prints with shipping = $19 for non member, 14.99 for members
- actual cost = 24cents for non member and .15 cents for member.
- .19 cents for 4x6 = $19 for 100 prints
- shipping = 3.99 / store pick up = FREE
- total cost of the 100 prints and shipping = 22.99
- actual price per 4x6 = .22 cents / .19cents for store pick up
- .15cents for store pick up / .12 cents for mail delivery =$15 / $12
- shipping = 5.89 for 100 prints
- total cost for mail delivery = 17.89 / $15 for store pick up
- actual cost per 100 prints = .18cents for home delivery / .15 cents for pick up
I've also been using walgreens for more than a year now. I've ordered many times with them when they have prints sales.